Friday, August 21, 2009

So...

Today I was reading the magazine family circle, corny I know. :) The magazines theme was Fall. I devoured each page, wanting more when the pages ran out. I have to say that even though I deeply enjoy Summer, Fall Is most definitely my favorite season. I love when the evenings become shorter and the nights crisper. I love how the leafs slowly become all different shades of green,yellow,orange,red, and brown. Oh so beautiful. I love how a cup of hot cocoa suddenly becomes a nightly craving, and how nothing satisfies more than curing up in a comfy blanket reading a good book. But mostly my favorite part of Fall is family traditions. Fall tends to become the season to catch up with family, eat good food and count our many blessings. Oh how I love Fall. I have found myself getting anxious for my favorite season to be upon us, I get this feeling like a child the night of Christmas, I just can't wait! But this year I will be gone. I have to keep reminding myself that I will not be seeing the leafs turn colors, or drinking hot cocoa. How bitter sweet. But I also have to keep reminding myself that I will be enjoying new friends, the closeness of God, and a whole new experience. But my beautiful Ellensburg I sure will miss you this year during the wonderful season of Fall.

No comments: