Friday, January 22, 2010

Today's thoughts

It is amazing how fast each day goes by. Days turn to weeks, weeks to months, and months to years. Very quickly I realize another year has passed, far from the grasp of my hands. I ponder the days that added up to a year. I become overwhelmed with all I still want to accomplish. My dreams linger over my head. I see many days ahead, all pregnant with possibilities.

I see each second as a precious jewel. So elaborate and interesting. I could gaze at each second ooohing an awwwing at its beauty. I am suddenly caught in conviction. How many precious jewels have I lost passing judgment, worrying, thinking too much, being lazy, speaking mean words, gossiping, or not choosing to use them wisely. How many precious jewels have I given to this fallen world, feeding its fiery flame. I look into my purse full of jewels and feel my stomach drop.

I swallow hard, and promise myself that each jewel I have will never be wasted on things that do not shine.

No comments: