Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grasping our Pennies

For the past month God has been speaking to me about surrender. What that really means, and what surrender looks like in my life. For a while I was struggling, I felt like I was stuck. No physically stuck more so I was mentally stuck, especially when it came to my relationship with God. About A month ago I was worshiping and as I was singing, it all of the sudden hit me. I surrender... the song was referring to complete surrender to God. I instantly felt convicted and realized why I was stuck. Intimacy without surrender is adultery. I had said YES to God, without saying NO to the world. I was grasping onto my pennies and had forgot what I was gaining. I realized to fully experience my savior I needed to surrender all control over my life, and completely die to myself.

No comments: